Firefighters knock out small Bonner house fire

Missoula Rural Fire responded to a small house fire in Bonner on Thursday evening with no injuries reported, fire officials announced.

Crews were sent out at 6:09 p.m. to River Bend Drive in Missoula County. First firefighters saw a small, two-story residence with flames coming from the roof, according to a news release from the Missoula Rural Fire District. The blaze was burning around a wood stove chimney pipe.

Firefighters got the flames extinguished within about 10 minutes of their arrival, the news release stated, and everyone living in the house evacuated before MRFD was on scene. No civilian or firefighters injuries occurred.

The fire originated next to the chimney pipe, the news release said, but the exact cause hasn’t been determined yet. Damage was mostly limited to the exterior of the house with about $25,000 in property lost, but roughly $175,000 saved.

People are also reading…

Fire crews remained at the site for a few hours to ensure the fire was fully knocked out and hadn’t spread into wall and attic spaces. Nineteen firefighters, two MRFD engines, a ladder truck, three water tenders, one command unit and a support unit were all dispatched

View Source