St. Peter’s Urgent Care – North closed until further notice due to small fire sparked by battery

St. Peter’s Health Urgent Care – North at 3330 Ptarmigan Lane, is closed until further notice due to a “small, after-hours equipment fire” on Monday, according to St. Peter’s website.

“The fire activated alarms and sprinklers and was quickly extinguished by the Helena Fire Department,” a St. Peter’s spokeswoman said. “A St. Peter’s Health representative has identified the source as a label printer that overheated due to a lithium battery. The hospital has put in place protocols to help prevent any similar equipment-related issues in the future.”

St. Peter’s thanked the Helena Fire Department for their quick response.

“(The fire) was confined to one room, and it was suppressed by the fire sprinkler system in the building,” Fire Marshal Lou Antonick, with the city’s fire department, said. “… It did exactly what it was supposed to.”

People are also reading…

Antonick stated the fire started at about 12:17 a.m. He highlighted the dangers of lithium-ion batteries, saying that they can even “explode” in some instances due to thermal runaway and the use of flammable materials in their making.

“People need to be really careful with anything that has these lithium-ion batteries, and so what we recommend

View Source